LA and BRU want you two to look your best for your big day, so we have compiled a beauty to do list for you both.
L.A. will share some of her top tips to prepare your skin by providing a list of makeup items to ensure your face is glowing.
BRU will provide top pro tips to get your mane shiny and full and for the gentleman a beard and hairstyle spot on.
FACE AND BODY
FINGERS AND TOES
Prepare your hands and feet by exfoliating and saturating your cuticles and hands. That ring on your finger will be picture perfect. Your feet would love to be pampered at night with a luxurious massage with a body balm.
If possible, hire a professional to take care of you on the big day. Make sure to have a consultation regarding your particular style of makeup so there are no surprises!
If you are planning on doing your own makeup take some time to do a practice run. Here is a list of things that I would suggest you have:
- HD Foundation and concealer
- Setting Powder Compact
- Bronzer or Contour palette…easy does it
- Highlighter ..can be used on face , collarbone, and eyes
- 2 to 3 Eye Shadows, Light Medium and dark for softening liner
- W/P Mascara and /or Faux Lashes
- W/P Eyeliner
- Lip Products ; Try a w/p lipliner in a slightly darker shade than your lips, fill in and then add a nude or pink over . Add gloss if you want a shiny look but remember it can be sticky for your partner.
- Setting Spray will keep your makeup on for hours.
TOUCH UP KIT
- Lip products
- Cotton Q tip
- Blotting Powder
*** L.A.’s Tip- Bring a few blotting papers for your partner to absorb shine in the T-Zone and a piece of white chalk if you have a white dress. Its what we use at fashion shoots if someone steps on the dress
Tips for the bride and groom from Bru:
Clean hair is slippery. Hair should be washed the day before and slightly conditioned at the ends only to help detangle the mane.
Do not load afterwards with styling products, the stylist will the day of the wedding with the right styling products to achieve the desired look.
I normally use 3 products and they vary depending on the style wanted. These are my fave:
A base product on damp hair such as;
- Densifique mousse from Kérastase for volume and thickness
- Chronologiste serum from Kérastase for ultimate smoothness and shine
A thermal protection product such as:
- Ciment thermique from Kérastase a weightless lotion protection from hot tools
- Hot Constructor from L’Oréal Professionnel to protect from hot tool yet locks the shape created with the hot tool for ever.
A finishing product to perfect the look and hold it in place . The bride should have this product handy all day for touch ups.
- VIP volume in powder. A volumizing spray that controls fly away by Kérastase.
- Couture from Kérastase, a working hairspray that controls the shape of your DO.
- Voile Soleil from Kérastase for the ultimate final gloss and brilliance
The groom should get a fresh cut the week of, even just a few days before THE BIG DAY.
For some of us hair neck grows like a beard so it looks messy after a few days.
A fresh close shave in the morning with Reuzel’s shave cream is my fave with it’s cool minty sensation and closeness it provides.
For men with a beard a detailed contoured trim is necessary and don’t hesitate to shampoo it and then use Reuzel’s balm to comb through your beard.
It keeps it fresh and sanitized.
With a good cut you shouldn’t have to fuss too much with the styling.
A creamy paste like UMOU from Shu Uemera works on all styles and lengths.
Both Parties should not ignore their lips for that special kiss of your life.
LAbyBru has the perfect LIP exfoliate that will keep your lips perfectly smooth and moisturized with it’s minty essential oils.
LA.byBru Blush is the perfect botanical lip balm for the bride leaving a hint of glossy pink on her pucker.
All these items are available on-line at www.brunoracinesalon.com
It’s express delivery in the Ottawa region is free.
Flat delivery rate of 15$ for the rest of Canada.
Follow us on YouTube Channel at Bruno Racine salon
IG and Facebook @Bruno Racine salon